Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sweet Tooth

We needed a simple snack to cure our sweet tooth...and I had a fresh bag of flower just waiting to sift.  It's a wild Tuesday night, y'all!



I found this recipe for maple cinnamon cookies somewhere on the internets and took a screen shot.  It was so simple, everything is pretty much a staple item in my kitchen, and they are delicious!  Nothing like warm cookies and cold almondmilk—am I right?

Maple Cinnamon Cookies

Ingredients:
3/4 c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T applesauce
1/4 c. maple syrup
3/4 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
cinnamon for sprinkling

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix wet ingredients:
3/4 c. canola oil
2 T applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. sugar (I know, this isn't a wet ingredient but we're pretending today)
1/4 c. maple syrup

In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and then add to wet:
2 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix to combine.  Then, place dough by spoonful onto baking sheet.  I used my hands to roll them into balls.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.

During the first batch, I check at the halfway point and noticed they weren't spreading at all.  I pulled them out and pressed them with a fork (peanut butter cookie style) so they would bake through in the time allotted.  For the second two trays, I pressed them prior to baking.  You can sprinkle the cinnamon before baking or after.

Next time: I think I will form the dough into a tube and wrap and place in the fridge for a few minutes to chill.  Then, I'll slice and bake instead of pressing.  For some reason, the pressed hash marks on cookies don't taste right if they're not peanut butter.  Yep, I'm quirky. ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment